Monday, March 2, 2015

February Jewelry Challenge - Cabin Fever Part 3

Hello again! In our posts on Thursday and Friday, I shared eight of the entries in our February JET Team Cabin Fever Jewelry Challenge. Team members were challenged with creating a new piece of jewelry representing an all expenses paid vacation in the place of their dreams. Six of the eight entries so far designed pieces representing a holiday on a beach by the ocean, so where do you think our final entrants will choose to go, and what will they make? Read on, you're in for a surprise!

Chinese Cloisonne Fish Pendant Set by JewelrybyIshi
Instead of heading to the ocean, Delores of JewelrybyIshi has chosen China as her dream getaway destination. Once there, she could eat Chinese food to her hearts content, and watch artisans creating the cloisonne pendants and beads that she loves so much!

Opal Raindrop Earrings by LoveStoneArts
Denise of LoveStoneArts has decided she doesn't want to go anywhere - she is more than happy in her cabin with her tools and rocks - and the rain! "Into every life a little rain must fall", says Denise about her rain-inspired earrings. Good thing she doesn't mind the rain, huh?!

Hawaiian Vacation Bracelet by everydayapromise
Can you spot the clue in the title of this woven beaded bracelet by everydayapromise?! Laurie's favorite vacation EVER was in Hawaii, so her entry represents the lovely plumeria flowers that are so plentiful there, and the blue of the Pacific Ocean around the Hawaiian Islands. Pass me a pina colada, someone!

Sun Stone And Glass Necklace by WanderingJeweler
Our last entry is from Kerry of WanderingJeweler, who has cycled over 10,000 km touring in Canada, USA and Europe with her husband! As such a passionate cyclist it is perhaps not so much of a surprise that her necklace represents a road trip under clear blue skies :)

So, we have four very different dream destinations today, and four very different pieces of jewelry! I didn't enter this challenge but, if I had, I'd probably have made a Buddhist Mandala style necklace. Because if I had a magic carpet and could go absolutely anywhere in the world right now, it would be to one of the Himalayan Mahayana Buddhist communities in Tibet, Nepal or Bhutan. And I have to admit, I'd want to take ALL 12 of our challenge entries with me! I'd want to take an extra few pieces too - including any of the black Constellation pieces handcrafted by venusvelvet! Am I being very greedy, do you think?!





16 comments :

jemsbyjb said...

An awesome group of diverse talents. I would love to have all of these in my suitcase.

Mollie Ann said...

Beautiful x 4! And yes, I do have a favorite ... whichever one I'm looking at at any given moment! :)

Unknown said...

I'd have to check my frequent flyer miles to see just how many places I could go...but..Oh wait...is that the sweet smell of Plumeria I detect
wafting through the breeze in the palms???
Oh darn...what I'm still at Bath & Body Works????
:-)
Donna

capitalcitycrafts said...

So many creative ideas for this challenge!

Keystring said...

Totally love the creations in this challenge!

LoveStoneArts said...

I'd love to tag along on each and every one of your dream getaway locations. I am a very good traveler! Love all of these imaginative creations.

Beadsme said...

Wonderful designs.

SatinDollCo said...

Great pieces!

SendingLoveGallery said...

I'd head for a beach and the ocean breeze...and take all these lovely creations by the Jets!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pieces!

Gaiane said...

Love! Great Unique Pieces!!!

Gemstones on My Mind said...

Gorgeous jewelry and fantastic vacations! Perfect pairs!

Unknown said...

Great creations, all of them, so well done to everyone who entered. The JETs are tops!

Erika said...

Fabulous jewellery! I enjoyed checking out every piece, and learning about where everyone would go on their vacation!

Ida said...

Great pieces! Love these challenges!

Ribasus said...

There seems to be a general theme of escape to the ocean or the tropics which is totally understandable for we who are so tired of winter! All thoughtfully created pieces. They are all my favorites! I must say, though, that I am with Delores with a trip to the Orient.