Friday, September 23, 2011

Jet of the Day - BlancheB



Are You Trade Friendly?
Wikipedia defines trading /barter as a method of exchange by which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money.  I call it an awesome way to shop for soaps, candles, and other hand crafted goodies I cannot make myself without dipping into my Pay Pal account.  

I have had many successful trades and several times I have introduced the concept to a fellow Etsian, so I thought I would share with JET too.

 If you are interesting in trading, all you have to do is convo that shop and ask if they would be interested in trading with you.  Some shops will decline the offer, some won’t respond and some will gladly accept and complete the transaction.  
  
You agree on the terms, cart and check out by marking ‘Other’ to avoid being directed to Pay Pal (make sure you have that set up in your shipping profile too).  You will still need to mutually pay the Etsy fees.  Do not change the listing price to avoid the fee as that is a violation of Etsy’s Fee Avoidance policy.  Ship and leave feedback as you would do with any other sales transaction.  It is a great way to build up your sales, feedback and get products you want while helping to support those in the community too without spending more cash.

If a buyer convos you regarding a trade, always respond as you just never know if that might turn into a sale even if you decline and it is the polite thing to do.
If you are too shy to just convo someone, you can also join one of the many a trading teams such as Trade-A-Holics which has thousands of trade-friendly shops and has a Trade Frenzy usually the end of each month that  lasts the whole weekend.  Also, many team such as We Love Vintage team, keep a thread going of its trade friendly team members.  Many shops will mention they are trade friendly in their announcement or profile too.


So go ahead, try this ancient way of conducting business as you just never know what a few beads will get you.

Here is the list of some of the JET Trade Friendly shops:
 Have fun!
Stacy



14 comments :

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Great post. Happy trading.

Made By Tammy said...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing.
I have done some fantastic trades on Etsy for Birthday and Christmas gifts. Love it!

Michele said...

Great post, never did a trade thanks for sharing yours!!!

YourDailyJewelsBLOG said...

I never did a trade, but now I will keep this in the back of my mind when I am "window shopping" on Etsy. Thank you for the idea:)

Blanche said...

I started a thread on JET too if you want to add that you are trade friendly too

willowcreekjewelry said...

Great post, thank you for the great idea!

Tracy said...

I never thought to trade before and I really don't see why not! I purchase so much handmade that its really worth a shot!

Jennifer said...

Very clever!

SendingLoveGallery said...

glad to know how to do this! great post - wonderful creations in your shops!

Beadsme said...

Great way of getting those holiday gifts.

Unknown said...

Interesting post! I've only done one trade but I got an offer today and I took it! Thanks!

Brooke said...

Great tips on trading and items, I enjoyed reading your post:)

cooljewelrydesign said...

Love that spirit of "let's help each other." Go for it, Blanche! It is a wise move. And thank you for the informative article!

jemsbyjb said...

How cool! Great tips on trading.